Controlling robots is the game
Note: the puzzle has been solved! Here's the solution.
Last updated on 8/3/06
- The answer is not an obvious slogan like "The keyboard is the key..." or "The excitement of a game..."
- There are 3 sources for clues.
- The letters and characters that fall in the intro of the game are semi-random. There are no clues there.
- There are clues inside of clues.
- Do all robots march together?
- Other Odyssey2 games have secret messages, too.
- X marks the spot.
- It pays to read the fine print.
- Numbers are colored for a reason.
- The "correct way"* to see other games' messages is to press and hold 'RESET,' hold down the key, then release only 'RESET.'
- The colors of the Viruses on page 5 of the manual mean nothing.
- You don't have to unscramble any clues -- decypher, yes; unscramble, no
- A larger and clearer jpeg of the cart label is posted here. (I thought the one up already was hi res - my fault.)
- There are no easter eggs during game play, as in: "If I put a red robot here and a blue robot here and if I'm in 2 player mode a message will appear..." nothing like that. Once the gameplay starts, there's nothing hidden.
- The answer is a phrase or sentence.
- There are two tracks or threads of clues that will need to be put together.
*I'll explain this after the contest is won.